Chemnitz MTEX Workshop 2017
Aim:The aim of this workshops is to provide an easy start for MTEX beginners and to bring together MTEX users to share their ideas and to inform about recent developments in MTEX. The workshop will be divided into four parts:
A simple introduction to MTEXThe first two or three days of the workshop are devoted to a comprehensive introduction into MTEX by Ralf Hielscher that covers
- crystal geometry
- analysis of EBSD data, grains, boundaries
- misorientation analysis, twinning
- analysis of pole figure data
- odf analysis
- elastic and plastic deformation
Recent developments in MTEXIn the second part Ralf Hielscher will report about recent features that have been added to MTEX. Up to now those include
- slip systems
- Taylor calculations
- analyzing orientation relationships in Rodrigues space
Introductory talks given by the invited speakersThe following experts will provide tutorials and exercises to their specific use of MTEX.
(Universität Basel, Switzerland)
Combining texture and microstructure analysis using MTEX
(Universite Montpellier, France)
(Institute of Metallurgy and Material Sciences, Krakow, Poland)
(Institute of Structural Materials, Swansea University, Wales, UK)
Talks by the participants about specific problems that have been or could be handled with MTEXThe participants are encouraged to present recent or potential applications of MTEX to their field of research. Talks will be 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number of speakers.
Location and Time:
- Time: Monday, 6th to Friday, 10th of February 2017
- Location: Chemnitz University of Technology, Department of Mathematics, Reichenhainer Str.39/41, Room 638. (see also City map and local map )
- Accomodation: We kindly ask the participants to take care about their accomodation theirself. A list of nearby hotels can be found here.
|8:45 - 10:00||R. Hielscher
3d orientation space
|10:30 - 11:45||R. Kilian
|13:30 - 15:00||Exercises
|15:30 - 16:30||Exercises
- Please use our registration form to subscribe (does not work with the Internet Explorer!) or write an email to Ralf.Hielscher@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de.
- Registration fee: 250 Euro for academic participants, 500 Euro for participants from commercial enterprises
- Ralf Hielscher, email contact: email@example.com