Chemnitz MTEX Workshop 2018
Aim:The aim of this workshops is to provide an easy start for MTEX beginners and to bring together MTEX users to share their ideas and to inform about recent developments in MTEX. The workshop will be divided into four parts:
A simple introduction to MTEXThe first two days of the workshop are devoted to a comprehensive introduction into MTEX by Ralf Hielscher that covers
- crystal geometry
- analysis of EBSD data, grains, boundaries
- misorientation analysis, twinning
- analysis of pole figure data
- odf analysis
- elastic and plastic deformation
Recent developments in MTEXIn the second part Ralf Hielscher will report about recent features that have been added to MTEX. Up to now those include
- Orientation and misorientation cluster analysis
- Parent to child orientation relationships in phase transistions
Introductory talks given by the invited speakersThe following experts will provide tutorials and exercises to their specific use of MTEX.
(Imperial College London, UK)
(Universität Basel, Switzerland)
(Danmarks Tekniske Universitet)
(Universite Montpellier, France)
Talks by the participants about specific problems that have been or could be handled with MTEXThe participants are encouraged to present recent or potential applications of MTEX to their field of research. Talks will be 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number of speakers.
Location and Time:
- Time: Monday, 26th of February to Friday, 2th of March 2018
- Location: Chemnitz University of Technology, Department of Mathematics, Reichenhainer Str.39/41, Room 638. (see also City map and local map )
- Accomodation: We kindly ask the participants to take care about their accomodation theirself. A list of nearby hotels can be found here.
|8:45 - 10:00||R. Hielscher
|Talks 1-3||Talks 4-6|
|10:30 - 11:45||R. Kilian
|13:30 - 15:00||Exercises
|15:30 - 16:30||Exercises
- Please use our registration form to subscribe (does not work with the Internet Explorer!) or write an email to Ralf.Hielscher@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de.
- Deadline for registration is 16th of December 2017, Number of participants is restricted to 25
- Unfortunately, the maxiumum number of participants has already registered. Further registrations can be requested but can not be guaranteed.
- Registration fee: 250 Euro for academic participants, 500 Euro for participants from commercial enterprises