Chemnitz MTEX Workshop 2019
Aim:The aim of this workshops is to provide an easy start for MTEX beginners and to bring together MTEX users to share their ideas and to inform about recent developments in MTEX. The workshop will be divided into four parts:
A simple introduction to MTEXThe first two days of the workshop are devoted to a comprehensive introduction into MTEX by Ralf Hielscher that covers
- crystal geometry
- analysis of EBSD data, grains, boundaries
- misorientation analysis, twinning
- pole figures, inverse pole figures, orientation distribution function
Recent developments in MTEXIn the second part the MTEX team will report about recent features that have been added to MTEX. Up to now those include
- texture evolution during plastic deformation
- geometrically necessary dislocations
Introductory talks given by the invited speakersThe following experts will provide tutorials and exercises to their specific use of MTEX.
(Imperial College London, UK)
(Universität Basel, Switzerland)
(Universite Montpellier, France)
Talks by the participants about specific problems that have been or could be handled with MTEXThe participants are encouraged to present recent or potential applications of MTEX to their field of research. Talks will be 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number of speakers.
Location and Time:
- Time: Monday, 04th of March to Friday, 08th of March 2019
- Location: Chemnitz University of Technology, Department of Mathematics, Reichenhainer Str.39/41, Room 638. (see also City map and local map )
- Accommodation: We kindly ask the participants to take care about their accomodation theirself. A list of nearby hotels can be found here. The Seaside Residenz Hotel is recommended as it is nice, cheap and within working distance.
- Please use our registration form to subscribe (may not work with the Internet Explorer!) or write an email to Ralf.Hielscher@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de.
- Deadline for registration is 31th of January 2019, Number of participants is restricted to 25
- Registration fee: 300 Euro including lunch for the entire week
- Ralf Hielscher, email contact: email@example.com
|8:45 - 10:00||R. Hielscher
||Talks 4-6||Talks 7-9|
|10:30 - 11:45||invited talk
|13:30 - 15:00||Exercises
|15:30 - 16:30||Exercises